Thursday, October 4, 2007

"You are fired"

There was this question at a recent corporate quiz conducted by Tata.
Question: What was the reply given in a Martha Stewart show to the statement "You are fired"?
Answer: "Thank you".
(Wonder if the character in this show had a job offer in hand when fired!)

But last week, there was no way I could tell so. 2007 had blessed me with yet another novel experience!

It was on Sep 26, a wednesday that the company chose to say bye to some of us. Convenient for all, i would say. The india prez flew in next day to address the company. We could start the job search straightaway that day. (also Thursday is considered to be an auspicious day to join a new company; just in case somebody had an offer in hand)

Personally, I had the feeling I would be there in the hit-list; that even if one had to go from our division, it could be me.

I spent rest of the day sending my resume to consultants, uploading my CV in job portals, and writing to some office friends.

So, bye to my dear office.

No comments: